Sunday, November 21, 2010

Day Two of Roofing Project


I went to bed early in preparation of the 8am wake up call. That being said, they didn't show up until 10am, so I am in a chipper mood today. I got plenty of sleep and I was prepared to wake up to the sound of cats growling, people stomping on the roof and singing. Hopefully, crazy screaming neighbor got a good night sleep as well so I won't have to hear her outside losing it over the noise. (the funny thing to me is that she doesn't live on the top floor so the noise wouldn't be as bad)

I haven't seen either cat since the roofers showed up. The "pitter patter" of boots on the ceiling apparently sent them into hiding again. I'm just thankful that this time Lucy isn't running around growling. That was getting really irritating. It is bad enough that Savannah has to touch me at all times but having Lucy streak through the place all snarls and growls was too much. (and I learned--no picking her up when she is that worked up. And even though it was tempting to give her a little shimmy to see if I could get her to cat yodel, I decided against it.)



So day 2 so far is going well.

Off to go work on my Saroyen Scarf. And for those of you following at home, you are correct. That wasn't on the original list of projects that I must finish. This is the danger of Ravelry and local yarn shops. Carol from Shuttles, Needles and Hooks had beautiful superwash Malabrigo in stock. It sells fast so I had to buy some. (LOL--yes, I acknowledge that I am powerless to resist) And then because I had purty yarn, I had to make something with it.

Next on the list is Traveling Woman as I have some amazing Malabrigo sock yarn that I bought from Downtown Knits.

LOL And thanks to the folks at Ravelry, most specifically the ones that hang out in the cat hair in my knitting group, I am now all paranoid about shingle dust falling out of all my vents, and fans. Last night I was turning the oven fan on and off to make sure that any food I prepared would not get seasoned with shingles.

No comments: