Saturday, October 20, 2012

The renovations keep rolling at my place.
This week they were redoing the bathroom. They stripped the wallpaper, painted it and put in all new fixtures.
Dexter immediately did his “Stranger, danger!” routine and bolted under the bed. I was working from home and on the phone with a client when I heard the distinctive sound of Lucy growling. I put the person on hold and go to bring Lucy into the bedroom (which I thought that she was under the bed with Dexter but she must have slipped out) as I can’t imagine that the guy is enjoying working with a growling cat supervising him.
As I’m picking her up the maintenance guy reaches over to pet her head which she hates even when I do it but a stranger? And one who is intruding in HER bathroom?? And when she’s already all riled?? The impertinence. She was a blur of growling, hissing, teeth and claws.
While I’m trying to restrain her the guy says, “Is she racist?” It was such a random thing to say that I thought he was joking so I said, “No, she’s speciest. As you are not a cat, you are inferior in her mind.”
That was apparently lost in translation as he gave me this really disgusted look and went back to work, never said “bye” or anything but slammed the door when he left. I’m going to guess that he told everyone at the rental office that I’m a card carrying Neo Nazi who trains her cats to attack Hispanic and non-white people.

(this is an older post from Ravelry.   I wanted to add it in here so that I don't lose it.)

 http://www.ravelry.com/discuss/my-knitting-has-cat-hair-in-it/2132786/1-25

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I thought your comment was funny. I hope that guy gets it eventually!